Law school is absolutely wild right now. Because all of us 1Ls aren't really stressed out yet (I am not sure when the panic begins to consume - October?), we have been spending LOTS of time together, and actually loving it.
- I have more people I count as friends now. It's nice!
- Torts is getting boring, and Contracts is getting interesting.
- I had a non-therapeutic shopping trip with a friend. It was awesome.
- My first memo is not very good.
- I spend less time studying per night - probably about 3 hours instead of 7. This is very good. To all you 0Ls, the material does get manageable! I swear!
- It seems that there aren't very many single folks at my school. Lots of married/engaged/engaged to be engaged.
- Food selection around the campus sucks.
- There are quite a few obvious leaches that go to any event just for the free lunch.
- General response when asked by upperclassmen what year I am: "Awwwwwwww!" Is my massive backpack what is so cute in comparison to your Kate Spade tote? Hmm....I disagree.
- Back to free lunches. I'm not one of those leaches (yet) but damn, there are a lot of free lunch opportunities. I'm not sure I can really blame the leaches.
- I don't have a single professor that I dislike.
- Everyone seems to have one, two, or four people they are with allthetime. Everyone, in turn, when you are away from your posse, says, "Hey where that other person that is with you all the time?" or, "Oh are you looking for that person you are with all the time?" Hmmmm.
- I love noticing the roommate situations that are also in the same section. One day, you don't see one roomie without the other. The next, you never find them together and they choose to sit on opposite sides of the room when and where they can. The next day, reunited! I sense roommate fallout.
- The upper-class accent. There are some, well, really just one I've noticed, that pronounce every syllable perfectly in every word, and always emphasize certain words. They use words I haven't gotten to, like "estopped" in sentences between friends. I can't help but think of lolcat speak when I hear words like this. Estoppeh teh stoopit!
- I like to yell, "INTENTIONAL TORT OF BATTERY!!" when I am touched in the hallway.
- Which brings me to my next point, law students are touchy feely. Squeezing love handles as a greeting is creepy.
- Funny t-shirt guy. I've never seen him wear a non-funny t-shirt. They just get funnier.
- I drink a lot less than I used to so far.
- A lot of non-drinkers in my section.
- A lot of former professional bakers. Puts me to shame. I just bake for fun.
- Study-group tension leads to the study-group musical chairs. Their loss is my gain!
- The smart and pretty girls really bug me.
- There are two repeat offenders of surfing the net in class that I have noticed - gossip girl on Perez and then there is creepy facebook boy.
- Virgins in law school.
What I was like 2 weeks into law school (I wish I would have done this before law school ever started):
I realize that my posts haven't really been too light hearted and happy like posts of my peers, but law school really isn't all fun and games for me. It's serious work.