12 November 2009

There is real life, and then there is law school.

Posted by Shake sense into me

I've never been one to have a bunch of friends. There were points when I just friggin loved everyone, and was quite happy with my social life.

This is not one of those times.

I am so tired of the same old crap people pull. I'm tired of the dorm roommate syndrome, which makes all of us who see each other a lot get sick of one another and act like pissy little brats. I'm tired of passive aggressive bullshit. Girls, get yourselves together. Realize who has been there for you, and who has not. Cherish the friendships you have, and treat those nearest and dearest with respect, and give your friends the benefit of the doubt. I know to many people, what I'm saying here is obvious. This is what friends do. But girls in law school are a different breed. Or, at least the girls in my law school.

When I sense someone is tired of me, or holding in some anger towards me for whatever reason, I completely back off. Unless you are going to woman up and TALK to me about it, I can't help you.

The good news, I'm looking forward to spending time with old friends. Not that I have a ton, but I've kept a few from before law school (besides family). And the space I have now between me, and the law school b.s. is good - I study, I sleep, I rely on myself, and I'm generally a happy person around the law school halls.

The bad news, I myself hold a grudge against those that passive-agressively hate me. I'm going to need a lot of coercing to be a true friend when they have no one to talk to.

I apologize if that didn't make a whole lotta sense, but good grief women, band together - now is not a time to abandon one another!

In other news - general question for my reader(s): Best Evidence supplement?

1 comments:

Syad Said said...
This comment has been removed by the author.