24 July 2008

I can't believe it's only 2 1/2 weeks away

Posted by Shake sense into me

I have spent the last two years of my life either coming up with a strategy to get into a top law school (which didn't work as planned, fyi), studying for the $%(@ing LSAT, writing personal statements, applying, agonizing over responses from schools, researching law school study methods, deciding on which note taking software is best (Circus Ponies), buying study aids off of Amazon, and god knows what else. It's almost over.

This last stretch here is actually a little boring. I only have a week left at my job, and boy are they making me work for my measly paycheck. I am moving to a new city the weekend before Orientation starts. I have no savings because I decided my money was better spent on a couple awesome vacations. It's funny, actually, all of this preparation and what I'm most worried about right now is money. The absence of it is making me feel so unprepared. I've just been telling everyone that I'm "practicing" living like a student.

I'm excited. Ultimately, yeah, excited. But more for meeting new people and moving to a new town (change is good). Is that bad?

0 comments: