26 May 2009

I'm terrified.

Posted by Shake sense into me

I start working today as a summer associate. Oh. My. I'm. Scared. It should be fine. I'll probably just be filling out paperwork...but, still, yikes.

If the first sentence was any indication, I'm done with my first year of law school. For some reason, this day never seemed like it would come. I sorta had this idea that I'd eternally be a 1L. It will be weird going back to school in the fall (should I be invited back) to see a new flock of fresh-faced law students. I imagine it will be much like high school, where I won't believe how young and little they all look.

They told our class last year that we would have trouble finding summer jobs (most of us did, many of us aren't working at all), but by the time we graduated, the economy would be better and we best thank our lucky stars we didn't graduate this year. Is it just me, or does it seem like this whole crappy economy isn't going to go away by 2011?

0 comments: