06 August 2008

I'm in a section

Posted by Shake sense into me

My schedule was posted this week.  It's good to know my schedule, I've been anticipating receiving it for quite some time.  I don't have class after 2:30 pm which is great, but when I saw other sections get out of class at 10:30 am on certain days, I was pretty jealous.  Whatever, they can start drinking beer earlier than me.  Psshhhh.


I also received a homework packet for orientation...I can't really say I didn't expect this because I've been a long time reader of law student blogs and I am well aware that I would receive orientation homework.  So, no commentary on the shock of this as there isn't any.

I've been making progress on packing.  I did more today than I thought I would, and I stayed pretty organized too.  I feel like all I've been doing is cleaning and laundry, but today I actually packed 3 boxes.  The move this weekend will be interesting, with my folks coming to town and His, logistics will work out perfectly or at least be entertaining.  Me, my dad, and His mom are all control freaks.  I just don't want anyone unpacking my stuff.  Some people might welcome the help, but I have a place for everything and I like to be the one to put it there.  Plus, I don't want anyone judging me based on the contents of my boxes or the way I packed them.  

In other news, I'm trying to find a good tool to track my expenses and budget for school.  It seems to me that finances and budgeting is a popular blog topic for law students, so if any of you are reading this, let me know your thoughts.  I mostly want something to tell me if I'm under or over budget in certain areas at random times of the month. Like, have I spent too much on dining out/coffee?  How much left do I have to do grocery shopping?  Can I save anything this month?  

Also:  What does anyone think of Ikea mattresses?  I bought one.  Hope it isn't horrible.  The price tag was irresistible!

0 comments: